Bolekhiv Museum of the Bolekhiv city history named after Roman Skvorij
Sichvych Striltsiv Str., 9,
tel.: +380 3477 3-45-00
The museum was founded in 1967 by local lore student, enthusiast Roman Skvorij. The preparation to 40th anniversary from the death of Nataliya Kobrynska in January 1960 stimulated the collective activities of Roman, since more than 30 years of the work of the famous writer and public activist in and outside of Bolekhiv city had made important traces in the memory of numerous generations. The local lore room was opened at the library in 1964.
In 1970 the museum got the status of People’s. In 1987 the museum was reconstructed into the one of city history.
Local lore studies of the museum have became very important, which was proved by the unique exhibits transferred for the exhibitions: fragments of man-written religious and prayers books of XVII century from the ancient monastery and church of Dovshky village, pictures of the famous Ukrainian sculptor Mykhajlo Chereshniovski during his staying in Bolekhiv city (1939-1944), metropolitan Andrej Sheptytski (1909). The notes hand-written by T. Bobrynski with the stamp of Nataliya Kobrynska have been received from Stryj city.
In 1999 museum has got the status of National.
Now it has 6 halls. The exhibition is divided into the following: «History of Bolekhiv city»; «Bojki room»; «Development of the industry, education and culture in 20th-30th of ХХ century»; «Second World War, victims of fascism and bolshevism occupations»; «National and sacred renaissance of our region»; «Struggle of the Ukrainian people for independence».
There is a hangman memorial in the museum basement. Here local people were kept in 1944-1947. During these years tens and tens of people passed through this casemate, which is testified by the notes at the basement walls.
The compatriots appreciated the work of Roman Skvorij. On the library building where he worked the memorial desk was placed on the occasion of his 70th anniversary and the 30th anniversary of the museum foundation. According to the decision of the local city council in February, 2007 the museum of Bolekhiv city history was named after his founder.
There are familiarization and thematic excursions, literature hours and consultations, lessons of local lore, different exhibitions, conferences organized in the museum.
Working days: Sunday-Friday, day-off: Saturday.
Working hours: 8:00-17:00; Sunday: 9:00-16:00.
The museum was included into the list of the objects, which have been monitored for the accessibility.
Short description of the object accessibility:
The museum is located in the old building – architectural monument. There are high stairs to the entrance and no ramp. The museum exposition is placed in six rooms; the doors of the main entrance and between the rooms are too narrow for wheel-chair. There is no WC in the museum.
Watch on the map
Mark this museum:
Photos of the museum:
При використанні матеріалів гіперпосилання на museum.if.ua обов’язкове.
Проект здійснено за сприяння програми малих проектів МАТРА КАП Посольства Королівства Нідерландів в Україні.